Saturday, March 13, 2021

I Become Seriously Anthologized

Serious, serious, serious.
MWC press announced today that it has chosen my essay, Cancel Culture: A Pandiary, for inclusion in the anthology, These Interesting Times, scheduled for publication later this year.

This sounds pretty serious, and, in a way, it is. MWC Press, the publishing arm of the Midwest Writing Center, Rock Island, Ill., is a serious publisher. The call for submissions was a serious request for essays and poems about dealing with life during 2020. Serious, serious, serious. 

So, I took it seriously. The experience challenged me to write in a longer form than my typical fast-attack humor, and to refrain from treating text as, basically, connective tissue between punch lines 

So, my work will appear in an "anthology," a serious word if ever there was one. I can't wait to work it into my brag sheet. ("Frank's work has been anthologized in...)

Geez, that does sound serious.


No comments: