Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Frank and Jo in "Dick's."

Dick's

starring

Frank and Jo 


Scene: FRANK is sitting in the living room. JO enters, talking on the phone. 

JO: I love you too, Nicholas. Good luck on your new job. (She disconnects.) 

FRANK: What's up? 

JO: Our oldest grandchild has a summer job. 

FRANK: Where? 

JO: Dick's. 

FRANK: What's "Dick's?" 

JO: A sporting goods store. You've been there. 

FRANK: I've never been to Dick's. 

JO: Yes, you have. We went together. 

FRANK: Where is this Dick's you claim I have been to? 

JO: It's a chain; they're everywhere. 

FRANK: And which link in this chain of Dick's did we allegedly visit? 

JO: I'm not sure. The one in the Quad Cities, or maybe when we were in Denver. 

FRANK: I have absolutely no knowledge of any of these Dick's, and, further, I categorically deny having been inside either of these Dick's. 

JO: I was looking for a Cardinals baseball cap. You were stomping around the store, complaining. It's a big place, with camping stuff, and hunting stuff. How can you possibly not remember this? 

FRANK: I will now speak as plainly as I possibly can: I. Don't. Know. Jack. About. Dick's. 

(FRANK slides of his chair and collapses on the floor in a fit of laughter. Finally, he manages to drag himself to his knees.) 

JO: So, is this going to wind up on the internet? 

Curtain  

No comments: